Always-On Retina display.
• You no longer need to raise your wrist or touch the screen to see the time or other information on your watch face, because the display never sleeps.
• So whether riding a bike, cranking out some crunches, or counting the minutes in a meeting, all you need to do is glance to find the time or your workout metrics right there where you want them.
A screen as remarkable as the day is long.
• To remain on all day with all-day battery life, hardware and software have to work in harmony.² The display dims when your wrist is down, yet key features, like watch hands, remain visible at all times.
• Touching the face or raising your wrist brings everything back to full brilliance.
Ultra-low-power LTPO display.
• Ultra-low-power LTPO display. The low temperature poly-silicon and oxide display features a reinvented pixel architecture that lets the screen refresh rate dip from 60Hz to a power-sipping 1Hz when the watch is inactive.
• A new low-power driver, ultra-efficient power management, and a new ambient light sensor work together so the display can stay always on with up to 18 hours of battery life.⁴
Compass and location features.
• A built-in magnetometer detects magnetic north then automatically adjusts to show true north, so you’ll now know which way you’re facing in the Maps app. GPS works in conjunction with terrain data to tell you your current elevation – great for outdoor workouts.
ECG on your wrist. Anytime, anywhere.
• With the ECG app,¹ Apple Watch Series 5 is capable of generating an ECG similar to a single‑lead electrocardiogram. It’s a momentous achievement for a wearable device that can provide critical data for doctors and peace of mind for you.
Your finger can tell you a lot about your heart.
• Electrodes built into the Digital Crown and the back crystal work together with the ECG app to read your heart’s electrical signals. Simply touch the Digital Crown to generate an ECG waveform in just 30 seconds.
• The ECG app can indicate whether your heart rhythm shows signs of atrial fibrillation — a serious form of irregular heart rhythm — or sinus rhythm, which means your heart is beating in a normal pattern.
It has your heart in mind.
• Unusually high or low heart rates and irregular heart rhythms (known as arrhythmias) could be signs of a serious condition. But many people don’t recognize the symptoms, so the underlying causes often go undiagnosed.
• With notifications in the Heart Rate app, Apple Watch Series 5 can check your heart and alert you to these irregularities — so you can take action and consult your doctor.
Track your cycle with a tap.
• The Cycle Tracking App gives you insight into your menstrual cycle and can help provide a clearer picture of your overall health.
• In addition to simply ensuring that you’re prepared, you’ll have more information to help you track irregularities and symptoms and enrich discussions with your doctor.
Safe from sound.
• Noise can rise to levels that may impact your hearing without your even realizing it. The new Noise app senses when the roar of the crowd or the rumble of machinery reaches a level that may pose a risk. So you can step out or plug up to give your ears a needed break.
Take a breather.
• Taking moments throughout the day to stop, relax, and practice mindfulness can help reduce stress and improve overall health.
• The Breathe app keeps you centered by leading you through a series of calming breaths. It’s also available as a watch face, so you can bring focus to your day just by raising your wrist.
• Apple Watch Nike Series 5 can detect that you’ve fallen. When an incident like this occurs, a hard fall alert is delivered, and you can easily initiate a call to emergency services or dismiss the alert.
• If you’re unresponsive after 60 seconds, the emergency call will be placed automatically. Your emergency contacts will then be notified and sent your location.
Three rings. One goal.
• Understanding all the ways you move throughout the day is an essential part of living a healthy life. Apple Watch shows your daily movement as three simple metrics: Move, Exercise, and Stand.
Together they make up the Activity rings that track your progress all day long.
• But Apple Watch doesn’t just show you how you’re doing, it also keeps you going with motivation from personal coaching, awards, and Activity Competitions. It’s everything you need to stay fired up to close your rings 365.